View Single Post
Old 12-29-2018, 05:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BriarSkye

Another Family Member Died of Alcoholism

Today my brother told me that the mother of my cousin's 2 adult children drank herself to death the day before Christmas. My brother is an active addict/alcoholic for over 4 decades. I said that she died of alcoholism. He then proceeded to go into a delusional explanation of all kinds of BS excuses and psychobabble about what caused her to drink herself to death. I said that an alcoholic drinks because they are an alcoholic and they want to get drunk. Everything else is an excuse. He got argumentative and so did I. He said I think I know about alcoholism, our father died of alcoholism. I said "Maybe you should do some research so you can find out what it really is." I hung up on him and I later found out that he hung up on me, after I sent a text and apologized for hanging up on him. I never argued the whole time I was married but this just pushed me over the edge. The whole conversation lasted less than 5 minutes. The active alcoholic/addicts in the family are a dangerous threat with their delusional insanity. They are toxic people. I have been in AA for 25 years . I used to talk to him about recovery but now I know it is a complete waste of time. It is his responsibility. The end.