Thread: Trying
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2018, 06:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
16YearsDrunk

Originally Posted by GrayJ View Post
Hi there, I'm new.

I thought I'd make a post and lay out where I am. I binge drink, usually once a week but sometimes twice. I know I am dependent on those occasions I do consume alcohol. For the past year I've made the awful habit of drunk smoking too, which of course, is now another addiction I want to kick. My best friend also drinks. I rarely consume alcohol unless it's with him. I suppose I have been knowingly using him to justify how much I drink, and possibly vice versa actually. At this stage we're more like drinking buddies than anything and have been for some years (both 28). I just want to go cold turkey but know it isn't going to be easy. A colleague did text me earlier though asking if I would work New Years Day so she could have it off, and I have agreed in the hope it detours me from getting inebriated on New Years Eve like I always do.

Thanks for reading and Merry Christmas (even if you are a Scrooge like me),

Gray.
I'm a scrooge Cold turkey is rough. I did it with the help of some anti depressants but if you can work through it you'll find it's not as hard as you think.

If you binge then you can probably go for days without the need to drink? What you will probably find most difficult is changing the routine and old habits. You'll need to fill the gap.

Do you work out? Make it your habit to go to the gym on those days you usually drink alcohol. Eat healthy on those days. Feel good about yourself and your body. It makes it so much easier.

Merry Christmas