View Single Post
Old 12-25-2018, 04:19 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
16YearsDrunk

Originally Posted by Highercall View Post
What is the solution to getting sober and preventing relapse PLEASE tell me?
The solution is very simple, but you will not realize how simple the solution is until you're sober. So it's like a catch 22.

A very wise man by the name of Alan Watts said "If you want to take action take it immediately. Don't give your brain any time to ponder and just do it". Something along those lines to that effect. I will try find his lecture if you require.

Now Alan died from heart related problems as a result of alcohol abuse. But to my knowledge this man was happy an alcoholic and didn't regret a single part of his life. To most that may seem like an excuse to drink - that's your choice. But what I am trying to say is that the solution is to just stop. Now. Just do.

If somebody had told me this 9 months ago I'd have laughed and said "Yeah, if only it was that simple". It wasn't simple. It was painful. It caused me to be put on high dose anti depressants for months (now off them).

If you tell yourself right now "I no longer drink alcohol" and make that choice to never put a drop in your mouth, you will see that in a very short time the clouds will part and you will get your life back. With that I can promise. If you face any mental issues, or any problems as a result of not drinking seek help from medical professionals and other people on here, or AA meetings. It's all about finding other solutions to deal with the problems that cause you to drink. Fix those and you will have no desire to drink.

Sorry for the essay. I hope it helps in any way.