View Single Post
Old 12-25-2018, 12:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jk4

I’m so upset with my husbands drinking

My husband was down to about 3 to 5 Coors lite a night. He was drinking usually a six pack of regular beer and/or bottles of vodka and whiskey and said he would cut down. 3 to 5 lite beers is barely enough for him to be buzzed but lately he seems much more drunk. His voice is different, his eyes looked glazed. Sometimes he seems this way a few minutes after he gets home from work and other times is about an hour after he’s been home and had a few beers. I can’t figure it out because I am in the room with him and our house is small so I would have noticed him sneak around. He gets up to go to the bathroom but I’ve checked every area and even bottles like cleaning solutions to check if alcohol is hidden and not finding anything. And can’t find any stashed anywhere else. I asked him why he seems drunk and he just laughs at me. Also he sometimes reeks of alcohol.....I ask to smell his breath and he doesn’t always let me or just tells me it’s beer. Correct me the me if I’m wrong but a beer does not smell the same as vodka or whiskey right? What am I missing?

Last night we were meeting friends for dinner. He came home from work around 3. Seemed sober, had a few Miller lites and by 5 was so drunk he could barely talk. I was so upset. He denied drinking anything else but he must have, or had a few shots at the liquor store on the way home or maybe he is on something? We are about to go out and he is slurry his words and falling asleep. He managed to get to the restaurant and was so loud....his eyes all glazed etc....I was tearing up I was so frustrated. I couldn’t hide how upset I was. He also doesn’t want to do anything. Just sits and obsesses about games on his phone and computer. He isn’t into me at all physically. He doesn’t even seem to care about me. For example he doesn’t want to drive to my friends house on New Year’s Eve because of the drunk drivers but then says I can go by myself. He doesn’t care what I do or seem to worry. He is also a pathological liar. He is almost always crabby unless he is drunk. He only shows concern if I ignore him, but it doesn’t last. I’ve tried everything. Talking to him does not help. Nothing does unfortunately so I don’t need advice on how to change him because I’ve tried it all. Do I have a right to be as frustrated as I am? I want someone who wants to enjoy things, go places, be into me, take care of himself. I worry about him yet I sometimes hate him. We have good days that can make me forget everything but it’s short lived. You might wonder why I married him....we had and sometime still have a good friendship but he is all about himself more and more.

Last edited by Jk4; 12-25-2018 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Spelling