Thread: Trying
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2018, 08:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
aw166
aw166

Hi Gray.

I'm new too. I'm familiar with the binge drinking too. Was always easy to go the week without drinking, but then the weekend was so loose. Seemed ok in my 20s as always out with friends, it was fun, it was social. But even then I was ruining relationships, friendships, jobs etc.

I think now when I look back I was always out of control. But I could kid myself, and others, it was just partying and having fun. The lost friends, relationships, jobs, unemployment, wasted money, were never fun though.

I think I always drifted through life being negative about everything. I could always tell you what I didn't like, or why things were pointless. That justified a lot of drinking.

It was a rubbish path to go down! I was lazy, made no effort, and ignored most of life by getting drunk. It led to more and more wasted years. I wasted at least 15 years getting pissed, I don't want to waste any more time. I want to get sober, stay sober, build a nice little life and enjoy it.

I think there's a couple of things I advise:
1. Your friend is your friend whether you drink or not.
2. You can make good habits too. Get busy, get active, try and fight the boredom or whatever pushes you to drink.

I hope you go well, all the best.