View Single Post
Old 12-24-2018, 06:24 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
dwtbd
quat

Originally Posted by tonisherrell View Post
Today is day 13 alcohol free. I will be spending new years eve at a hotel with my family. What are your thoughts on me having one glass of champagne at midnight? Not even a entire glass but just a few sips?
I'd say you haven't isolated and separated from your desire for more booze.

I was able to separate from my desire by learning about AVRT( great threads here on SR in the Secular Recovery forum on these ideas). Until I did that I couldn't live as a nondrunk. Since I've done that , I've been able to live quite comfortably with latent desire for booze while effortlessly ignoring at the same time.

Your question is simply not something I give any thought to any longer. More booze is simply not an option.

It can certainly be that way for you too, the only proof I can offer is that I imagined my current situation impossible. I could never imagine that simply not indulging the desire( the Beast) was all I needed to do in order to defeat It.

I listened to and believed the little voice that said that experiencing the desire was a reason to indulge It.

That thought of a few midnight sips is just the thought for more booze, more booze means more booze. More booze can hurt you by draining more of your mind, body and soul, the thought of it can't hurt you .

The surest and only way to Quit is to never again put one drop in your mouth. Decide right this second to never drink again and not change your mind and ignore any thoughts to the contrary. Experience , recognize and separate from the thoughts of future drinking and don't act on them.

Or keep acting on the thoughts for more booze and indulging your desire, what other choices are there ? You will need to take a leap of faith, I had to too, the leap is to believe that voice ( the real you) that knows what I said about there being only two choices is true, you can do it.

My Beast heard your suggestion and laughed, champagne blech, "one small jigger of fine bourbon, that's the ticket" , I quit, so poor Beast doesn't get what It wants, too bad for it.