Old 12-23-2018, 12:50 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
MantaLady
Ocean Lover!

Great job Mariesober for successfully navigating your night out! Your post about seeing people slow down when they had enough but knowing that wouldn't have been you, you would be drinking faster and faster and starting to panic that the bar was going to shut soon really struck a chord with me. That was me too!! Thanks for reminding me, with 6 months sober time now I am starting to forget little things like that and it's good to remember to keep me on the straight and narrow x

I hope everyone is waking up sober and smiling today. My cat has got used to me getting up at 5:30am with work and this weekend started loudly stomping round the house and meowing at this time for food and to be let out...while I am trying to get a lie in lol. Little tinker he is!

I have got my online video recovery meeting in half an hour and then getting ready to go to my mums for christmas dinner. We decided to have our christmas day today. There is only the two of us as the wider family is quite small and also none of them have anything to do with each other. Me and my mum have only reconnected 2 years ago after 18 years of no contact. Miss my nana at this time of year and this will be my third xmas without her, I always went to her house for xmas and miss seeing the decorations on the tree that she had used all my life, drinking from the special glasses she saved for special occasions and eating her boiled to death vegetables (it's a british tradition!). I wish she had known I would get sober, it breaks my heart to think about how much she worried about me and my drinking and passed with that worry in her heart.

Anyhow, have a good day peeps and be good xx