Thread: Hope
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2018, 08:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Silver11

Hope

Hello friends.
Its been a while that I’ve posted. I started breathing meditation a few months ago and small miracles started happening. In November I started drinking much less. And in December 1 I stopped for 21 days.

My danger time was always Friday. So I changed my routine. Went out for dinner and a movie alone. Then went home to my family after the liquor shop outside my apartment had closed. This worked!! I was so elated the first 3 weeks. I had never gone that Long in my own.

Then on Friday 21 Dec I slipped back. It was because I was tired. Too tired to walk to my dinner place. So I went home and really fought with it for about an hour, then I lost.

This weekend has been full of shame and guilt. But my Wife reminded me that 21 days in my own was incredible and that I could do it again. I just need to watch out for the signs of relapse. I think I felt it coming on on Wednesday. And I just pushed the signs away? I don’t know.

Anyways I’m trying again. I will not lose hope. The 21 sober days in December showed me the possibilities.

Thanks for reading !!