Old 12-18-2018, 04:04 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Surfbee

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
I have to say surf, I never saw neediness in your interactions you have shared. If you have an expectation (and yes, we are allowed to have those lol) and it keeps getting tromped on, a certain amount disgruntlement seems normal to me, just means hey - something is not ok with this, for me.
He doesn't keep trumping on my expectations. That isn't accurate. The issue for me was that my reactions were a result of me bottling things up until I'd explode. Reactions were explosions. Shouting and screaming heads off were sadly the norm in my family. And I copied, unconsciously those behaviours. And so I choose not to live like that anymore. That's the 'reaction' I was referring to. In pretty much all relationships, until now, I'd bottle up and explode as oppose to expressing disgruntlements as and when they arrive. Now I express myself in a more empowered way.

I feel I've been misunderstood. Maybe I haven't done a good job at expressing myself. He has never said or thought I was "needy". The point was I've felt it by the way I'd allow my mind to run havok with worry and fear, hence the anger the erupts from that. I think neediness was the wrong choice of word.