View Single Post
Old 12-17-2018, 11:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Bernadette

I don't know what my next steps should be.
hearthealth, so sorry you're feeling so sad. Being in a bad relationship is a real drain.

Next steps can be small, and only what you yourself can control. Have you spoken to a lawyer?

Whether he drinks or not is off your list, whether he contributes to the relationship is also not yours to control.

Separation and divorce are really difficult, but many people have endured it, and I for one am very happily divorced! The pain of being in a one-sided relationship, the loneliness, was so much worse than any of the hurdles I had to jump over to get out of my marriage and on my own 2 feet. My exH actually didn't react the way I had imagined in my head. And he did leave the apartment and move elsewhere. So try not to future-trip too much!

But it is a stressful and can move slowly at times. Since you are feeling so sad can you do something just for yourself to up your spirits? Sometimes if I go see a movie, or go to the library for a few hours or a bookstore, or just a long walk in the park it helps me feel a little lift.

One day at a time!
peace,
B