Old 12-15-2018, 06:27 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Surfbee

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
I didn't mean a single word of what I wrote the way you took it. I'm living proof that these relationships CAN work & said as much up -thread.
I wasn't getting the CAN vibe from you FireSprite...your post came off very doom and gloom to me. I appreciate your insights though.

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
If you would ever like some specific examples....I can give you some....
Yes I'd be happy for you to share examples.

Originally Posted by NYCDoglvr View Post
I suggest reading about alcoholism and its progression in the stickys ....
I've spent months reading the stickies... any specific links you'd like to share, feel free.

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Surfbee…...Just for the sake of discussion...Adult ADHD presents in several different ways....there can be lots of individual difference/patterns. It is typical that one can hyperfocus if they are interested in something. The problem comes if they get bored with something....Some are actually, very organized into their particular routines.....
The need to be away or alone is not uncommon...as it decreases environmental stimulation. If a person is introverted, they often need periods of time alone to refuel...they may get exhausted with being around other people.....Nature can, also, be soothing to them...…

Surfbee….if you are feeling happy and have inner peace.....that is Super Cool.....
It is good that you can accept him, just as he is......and have a fulfilling life...…
Just keep doing whatever you are doing that has gotten you to this place....
Don't worry about what others think, if you are happy....

I think that others, on the forum, (and I am guilty, also), just try to warn others where the rocks in the water might be, going forward.....just trying to protect others from some of the pitfalls that they have experienced.....
I know that you want others to share and celebrate your joy...and, it can feel very annoying and invalidating when one is met with warnings or "criticisms".....
Don't let it throw you...lol...….
Thanks! I know everyone means well.