Thread: Day 7 Sober!
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 05:18 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Numblady

I am just past 11 months. I heard a lot of people talk about how high their energy levels got once sober for a while. I think what I’ve learned in this time so far is that recovery is so different for everyone so it’s better to think of it as figuring out how it plays out for you than waiting for certain things to occur. I don’t think I’ve really felt all that energetic even nearing the one year mark. But what I’ve learned is that I need rest, and now I know how to listen to that (or try to...I have kids too so sometimes the sleeping thing is hijacked a bit). You are so wise to realize that you can kind of get through/white knuckle a certain event but once that is over it’s harder to stay quit if you’re focused on getting through the one thing. Are you doing IRL support in addition to Antabuse (sorry if I’ve missed that)? Definitely the one day at a time approach, and if I could offer one single piece of advice from what I’ve read here over time, it is to come post BEFORE you think you might take a drink. There are so many wise wonderful souls here and you’d be amazed at what you can weather with the support of a community behind you. I wish you a ton of support.