Old 12-14-2018, 11:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Cryfreedom

First christmas gift from a customer today

Day 75 today a big milestone reached with not once being tempted to have a drink.How has that happened? Where has the time gone?
I deliver to customers every day (hence moving from daily drinking to weekend binge drinking, with the occasional school night thrown in as well.)
Today one of those customers handed me a christmas gift a £10 voucher and a bottle of red wine. The voucher will be used on something sensible like chocolate or something.
The wine has already been wrapped up as an extra present for one of my inlaws. It will probably be drunk on christmas day after I have cooked the dinner at their house. I will be drinking something softer like lime and lemonade or coffee.
I have learned a few things in my 75 days.
I can organise and attend every minute of the work christmas party and do it sober even when everyone else has had 1 too many.
I cant dance either drunk or sober, but dad dancing sober is much more fun.
A muggy head is not how I should normally feel.
I did get hangovers, I just thought that was how I was supposed to feel.
I can now think sharply and am quicker on the uptake and dont now have to pause for a second or two before I can answer any banter.
I am much stronger willed than I ever thought I was and I know that the only person who can make me drink again is myself.
Sorry for rambling I will finish now.. Have a great evening