View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 08:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Mango212
Life is good

Happy birthday, Stath!!

I trust others to celebrate birthdays and holidays how they enjoy. A card, present or phone call from others can often be attached with a whole lot of unhealthy emotional strings. As I'm recovering from emotionally and psychologically abusive relationships, I've realized that healthy relationships do not require "proof" or certain things to happen to bring happiness to another. Happiness is an inside job.

It's great to celebrate life, each day and special occasions. I simply do it differently now, and am open to changes in how these come about. My granddaughter's birthday gift this year was a poem I wrote for her. Her parents were disappointed in me. That's okay. As I take new actions, trust my instincts and have a growing confidence in myself, I become a better grandmother, mother, wife and friend.

I used to send Christmas cards. Now I don't. Life changes.

Alanon, mindfulness and meditation have helped me embrace change, see opportunities and see good things about the present moment I'm in. http://www.al-anon.org

Have you celebrated your birthday yet? It's okay to keep celebrating it all weekend, if you like.