View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 07:15 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
venuscat

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Thanks Dee.
When I was living in that crappy place- run and frequented by druggies (not me- I was drinking) I was directed to a guy who was a whiz with computers. I was so fried and terrified not to offend I let this guy 'fix' this laptop, as it had a few viruses. He completely corrupted the files (he was high) and I spent a lot of time researching and fixing.
So this morning- I had to go back to factory default- as there was yet another hidden screwed bit of software left over. Taken hours- but all good now.
AND- went in for preop assessment. Got there early- paperwork repeated 3 times, anaesthetic check good- efficient. Then another dept for an ECG (which no one looked at), then another hour's wait- while a junior doc (who I was watching for that hours) got engrossed in my morbid story..the consult check took 3 minutes. So left feeling annoyed- or more over- tired.
Then the piece of resistance- a young guy (about 9 I think) was waylaying people in the small shopping mall near me- selling electricity plans. He approached me 3 times...I knew I was annoyed by the amount of effort it took on ask number 3 to be polite. Usually not that bad.

All set now for surgery on Thursday- this being 8 hours worth of consults and waits.
Irony- a queue of about 30 people to go to one receptionist for checking into outpatients- with a lovely, shiny flyer from the govt stressing they are making waiting times shorter. Not an issue for me(except getting annoyed)- but some people in the queue were very unwell looking.
Oh my gosh....that queue is sad, and so very wrong.

And wow.....that was a lot to go through....guessing they didn't look at the ECG because your heart was purring nicely. Glad you are in good shape....it will make the recovery so much better I think. I believe.

Well done on fixing your PC....it is empowering to grow those skills. Before I got sober I couldn't do any of the tech stuff I can do now and it is all self-taught....oh, except for one AMAZING trick Nick taught me....quoting posts from a closed thread....you grab the permalink numbers, copy the posts and voila. Neat trick.

Anyway....self-sufficiency with tech is great, and saves SO much money.

Thinking of you love and hoping you are having a good sleep.