View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 09:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Meraviglioso

Hey Dropsie, I'm pretty good, thanks for asking. It's been a tough year, but then again most years are for me. I've had a lot of challenges in my life. But I've thankfully been blessed with an incredible amount of grit and determination So I am getting through all of the hurdles I currently face, one day at a time, fighting mightily for the life I desire. Of all the compliments I received, and I am fortunate to have received many (the world is generally kind when you open yourself to it), was from my karate maestro. He was speaking of my work in the gym, but he also knew of my battle with alcoholism, depression and other problems. He said "you have more grit than anyone I've ever taught" I am proud of that compliment, it makes me feel good.
To go further with your question, I am also good because I am sober. But I remain that way through methodical work of specific tactics. I stick to the plan and follow the rules that others have been so kind to share with me. Like those experienced runners I've got a number of experienced sober people who know the deal and are so generous in sharing their knowledge with me. Even when my objective looks like it is as far away as the pack was from Wottle in this race I don't let my emotions or fear get the best of me, I stick to the plan and trust it will work out and alas, it has so far. I think I'll keep doing it this way instead of my way.

And you?