View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 09:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ayers

Saturday evening

Hi all

Alice, I’m sorry that happened, but like the others very glad you came right back.
It almost seems as it you were testing/doing an experiment – by the way you describe having to pinch your nose while drinking it. Please , if you feel up to it, could you explain what was going through your mind at the time – apart from being bored- it might help someone in the same situation. Like ... me ?

I have had a rough two days as well – I cannot even call it cravings – more a restlessness and a want , deeper than an urge – it has been horrible. Last night while lazing on the couch, husband drinking his whisky, I told him that I was having a rough time. (His whisky doesn't bother me at all , never has, don't like the taste or smell of it) Also told him that if I hadn’t come clear with him at the start – I would def been drinking last night. It was frightening- I KNEW if I had kept my quitting secret, I would have given in and drank. For sure sure. Anyway, had a tonic and fresh lime and went to read in bed. But today has been the same . Bloody bloody hard. Harder than day 1 , week 1 …. Totally different to what I’ve felt up till now. I actually find myself salivating. Has anyone experienced this. Why is this happening now???

So scary , the more days you string together, the safer you begin to feel and then wham, you hit a low , coming from nowhere. Complacency I suppose?

My family think it has to do with the start of the holiday season. Was husband’s last day at office yesterday, daughter is here and we are off on Monday on our trip. They might be right – maybe it is just “that time of year”. I am going to have to be extra vigilant and in fight mode now. Oh I really hope I am strong enough to get through this. And that it passes asap.

Bee- sounds like it’s time for you to get back home? At least know you are not the only one feeling irritable .

Bob, glad things are ok with you and cousin. Did your wife find enough things for you to do today ? 😊

DoubleDee: So glad you didn’t give in and drink . Isn’t it wonderful when you wake the next morning and realise you may be proud for being strong, instead of full of regret ?

Thinking of all class members – those MIA as well.

Love and hugs to all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx