Old 12-07-2018, 06:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
DayTrader
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Allow me to approach this from a different angle....

Considering me being disturbed in the first place means (in every instance I can think of anyway) that someone isn't behaving the way I want them to, things aren't going the way I want them to, or something is happening that I think shouldn't be happening. As a result, I'm upset that life isn't unfolding as I had wanted it to...... or hoped it would...... .or expected it would. 100% of the time after this realization, that things aren't going the way I know they should, I start to experience fear.... fear that I'll get hurt, that someone else will get hurt, or that it'll "just be bad."

And of course, there's a helluva reading about what this type of behavior is indicative of on pages 60 - 63. When I'm truly connected spiritually - a state I would like to spend more time in for sure- I'd say it's about impossible to disturb me. When I'm spiritual sane and spiritually grounded I recognize the irrelevance of my judgments before or as I'm making them and they tend to fall away prior to setting me up to be disturbed at all.

That I continue to experience being disturbed, or resentments, or fear, or anger those things have become massive warning signs to me saying, "well buddy, I know you THINK you're in the right but guess what? You're off the spiritual beam again and it's time to make some corrections." I don't look to see if it's justifiable any longer - that type of rationalization isn't a skill I need to practice anymore. Growing my spirituality - that's what I'm looking for. And with that as my goal, any indication I get throughout the day - like getting mad, or fearful.....or disturbed..... isn't a "bad" thing. It's just another free blessing from God that I'm heading in the wrong direction at the moment.