View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 05:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

hi and welcome FutureYesterday

But I don’t understand how a guy who would black-out in a few hours less than 10 months ago and inly stop in hospital, is able to stop now after one drink. I know for sure he’s telling the truth and he goes to work and has a life. Actually, he’s the one asking: am I an alcoholic after all? Don’t they say I should have a physical dependence, that my brain is wired differently. How come the urge is gone now?
The road to relapse starts with one drink. Unfortunately what none of us can tell you is how long it might take for him to return to out of control drinking.

Might he never return to that? Its possible, at least theoretically.

My brother used to drink as heavily as I, or heavier - but he married and had a family.

His drinking - at least what I've seen of it - is within normal Australian male parameters now...sometimes a little worse for wear but not one to carry it on the next day anymore.....but he'd be about the only person I know ever who did that.

Another friend of mine always admitted he was an alcoholic.
Just suddenly stopped one day... until he took a drink 20 years later.

Lost his family and his job in double quick time before he stopped again.

For me one drink would lead inevitably back to the alcoholic nightmare I struggle for my life to get out of.

D