Old 12-07-2018, 03:57 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Ellie May 1001

Hi, I am new here and from the UK but felt the need to respond to this. I too have been in this situation, admittedly not as bad as all I hit was a lamp post, no other driver involved but I lost my licence for two years and have been paying the price ever since.

I haven't told anyone that didn't absolutely have to know as I was so ashamed of it and also so astonished that I had done it, but what I do know is that doing something bad does not make you a bad person. It makes you a human being who is fallible and that makes mistakes. Those mistakes are of course all the easier to make when you have an addition as we do.

Obviously when others get hurt in the course of our mistakes then we must take responsibility for our actions and face the consequences. I am not trying to excuse either you or I Rich, as it is merely good fortune that stopped me from killing someone that night, but what I am trying to say it that Rich the alcoholic and the real Rich are quite likely to be two quite different people and I think you shouldn't underestimate the power of the addiction.

I think this is a very brave and powerful post and I do hope it turns out as well for you as it can and of course the others involved. All you can do now is show your genuine remorse and hope that they go easy on you. Genuine remorse will go along way.

Do keep us posted. All the best.

EM xx