View Single Post
Old 11-30-2018, 04:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
OpheliaKatz
"O you must wear your rue with difference".

Originally Posted by Fitchicky View Post
I found out from my brother-in-law that my husband told him that he can't get "high" off of marijuana anymore. What does this mean when I person can't get high off pot anymore?
This is a huge red flag. The exact same words came out of my exAH's mouth. Do you know what he's using? No. But it's worse than pot. It's likely worse than alcohol too. I can think of a few things a person can smoke that is more dangerous and more addictive. Some of those things can cause aggression... and some of them do not show up on court ordered drug tests.

As a precaution, see a lawyer; also secure your finances now. Do not talk to him about this -- do it privately. Because you have children, you have to put their safety first, and consider what a court would think about your responsibilities to them when one parent is "incapacitated" for whatever reason. I know that sounds obvious, but when you're really stressed out about one person's abusive behavior, other things like the kids or your health often come second... but those things need to come first.

I'm sorry for what you're going through. Right now you and the kids are getting in the way of his high, so he's acting unpredictable, which is not safe. Even if you are not ready to let him go, you have to protect yourself and your children.

Please take care.