View Single Post
Old 11-28-2018, 05:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Welshfuture

Oh boy, im finally going to admit it :-0

Dear Everyone,

I need your help, guidance, advice and wisdom if you can find the time

I live in Wales, UK and, here goes, I am an alcoholic. I have finally said it (that has been so hard). I am self employed, happily married, have two beautiful young children and have ''pretended' to myself that i am just a "average" drinker and partgoer like most other people who drink but i have FAR too many horror stories over my 20 year history (which i choose to ignore).

Monday night, I had 16 cans of budweiser after a stressful day at work (only came home with 4 but kept nipping back to off licence :-( and my wife hugging me the next day because i was too ill too go back to work, couldnt get up to takes kids to school so my wife was late for work and her crying saying she was worried about my health (she wasnt even even mad) which was the final tipping point for me. I do not want to lose my job, my family, my home or my health. I desperately need help!

After a chat with my wife, we agreed a work free break could help me start a 'new' me so am now on my own in a hotel for 3 days in a little welsh village, on a mission to kick start my sobierty. I have tried to do it on my own over the years but have failed too many times so i have joined this forum (as i dont want to go to AA, i never enjoyed group situations in school or even work, im a bit of a introvert person), so hope you dont mind me using this forum as a sound board. I have really struggled tonight to not have any beers but have succeeded and just had juice. My first step! Off for a long walk tomorrow to see the world without a hangover (or beer fear) and give myself a slap across the face for being an idiot all these years.

Any advice to get me through the first few days would be massively apprecaited.

So sorry for the long post, its been 20 years in the making :-(

Thank you for reading if you got this far :-)