View Single Post
Old 11-27-2018, 07:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sophie11

Cravings and anxiety, argh!

Hi all, I haven't posted in a while (although I lurk all the time, and the indirect support is invaluable and I'm so grateful)... but right now I need to vent with a supportive and understanding group.

I've been doing well but then today WHAM cravings and AV driving me crazy. I've been really anxious (work stuff plus propensity for anxiety and depression) and used to use alcohol to self medicate (with subsequent anxiety feedback loop and downward spiral).

I'm not going to drink. I just need to centre myself and focus on the now, stop the self-critical chatter in my brain that's obsessing over the past and the future. It's cold wet and dark so a walk outside won't help... But i have fessed up to my husband that I'm struggling and he and I will do some exercise together in the gym tonight. I'll do some mindfulness too. Oh and I downloaded a new app which has good sobriety messages, I'll go do that now (sober tool) .

That's it really. I just feel quite tearful and mad at myself and wanted to engage. Putting it down in black and white and working through my options has helped. Thanks everyone.
-Sophie