View Single Post
Old 11-27-2018, 03:34 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  
Bonniefloyd

Day 15. I have to second RAL’s suggestion about the book This Naked Mind . It’s quite honestly the best book about alcohol I’ve read, and I feel it’s really helped me make it this far.

So I’ve been a lot of pain lately, and I think it’s sciatic nerve related, if my google self-diagnosis is correct. It’s going on a few weeks now. I do get fleeting thoughts of drinking when it starts to affect my mood, which is stupid because that wouldn’t even help. Have any of you ever had sciatic nerve issues? I’ll probably just go see a doctor; maybe they can recommend stretches or something.

And more whining: I’m getting dental surgery later this morning 🎻 🎻 🎻 Oh well, it has to be done!

After that, things start to look up though — the weather is going to be amazing (I’m not trying to rub it in, sorry), so I’ll be getting outside for a long walk. The walking helps with the pain and keeps me in a healthier mindset.

I wont drink today, no matter what!

TJ — I think you’ve scared me straight about snow! I guess I have an overly romanticized idea of it from watching Christmas movies over the years. Your description has disabused me of the “magical winter wonderland” notion I had in my head. I still want to see it one day though, but I’m sure it’s not the same as having to live in it. Anyway, sorry you caved, but I’m so glad youre still with us.

Strawberry — I’m glad you’re feeling better! It sucks that you felt so bad yesterday, but I bet you’ll remember that next time your AV starts whispering to you. You can learn from this and be stronger than before. 🙂 Just being nosy — Were you born in Greece or did you move there? Greece is on my bucket list!

Alex and tinkerbeau — welcome aboard! So glad to have you with us.

Orderfororder — very good point. I had gotten to the point where EVERYTHING was a reason to drink. Existing became my reason to drink.

RAL — Kids do grow up so fast, don’t they? With all the stress the last few years have put me under, so much has been a blur for me. So I’m happy to be sober now, so I can really focus on her and enjoy each stage as she grows up. Isn’t it a good feeling, being 100% present for our little ones?

Breakfree — He’s a lab. The kind that’s super cute, smart, and hilarious. My family teases me about how much I adore him. I refer to him as my kids’ “fur brother” and constantly take photos of him and post them on Instagram with goofy captions. And we have matching bracelet and collar. Does all this make me a crazy lady? 🤔

clearpath — good morning!

i hope everyone has a great day. Stay safe! 💜💜💜