Thread: Broken
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2018, 10:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by DragonflyPeace View Post
This is no way to live! I ask myself if the financial stuff is that important, the enabler in me says NO, the person seeking "normal" says YES!
Hi Dragonfly. Is it even about the money? Or is it really about what that represents and does?

The fact that he can't even be bothered to get any job but is content to sit in the yard and drink while you go out to work and run the house is probably causing you great resentment? You can love someone and resent them at the same time.

You can stay with him but know that comes with conditions on your part. You can beat your head against the wall trying to get him to stop drinking or you can accept him just the way he is. You can't change him, he has to want help to get it.

He may be sober but that doesn't mean he is in recovery, as I'm sure you know.

You say you want "normal" a Husband that works and that you can share with and feel close to etc. If that is what you want in your life that doesn't seem like too much to ask at all. Now, that doesn't mean that he can give that to you.

I haven't left an alcoholic Husband but I responded anyway, of course take what you like and leave the rest as they say.