View Single Post
Old 11-25-2018, 03:13 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Bonniefloyd

Day 13.

Todays plan — I have that tennis lesson with my son, then I’ll be pretty focused on prepping for the week ahead. Then eating out with the spouse later.

I am so glad the holiday week is over and normal life can resume starting tomorrow. My husband won’t be in my face drinking his wine, Miss Dark Cloud will be back at college, and I’ll finally get some peace. It’s been a nice week, but challenging to my sobriety. It might seem selfish, but I really need some “me time”!

I cant get too comfortable though; the whole Christmas break looms ahead, but I’ll aimlessly ramble about that another day.

Anyway, I’m not drinking today. I’m really determined to make it to two weeks.
———————————————————
RAL — damn, girl! Four weeks?! You’re killing it! 😎

Labgirl — congrats on day 4! My husband drinks too. It’s not helpful, having wine right in front of me at dinner (and throughout the rest of the evening), but oh well. It used to really bother me during my previous attempts to cut back or quit, but this time I’ve decided that I’m just going to deal with it. It just really isn’t ideal.

otter — happy day 4! I had to google to find out what a Bruin is. I’m not a sports fan, and hockey never really took off in Houston anyway. (We used to have a team, can’t remember what they were called.) Anyway, sounds like fun.

Linners — yoga is amazing. I always feel so good after a class. I haven’t been lately because I have a pulled muscle or something, but I can’t wait to get back. And it’s so good for getting your head in the right place for sobriety.

Welcome, summer! I’m glad you’re with us. The cravings are very tough. Reading Annie Grace’s “This Naked Mind” really helped me get a better understanding of what alcohol does to people and what I’m going through as I adjust to being sober. The cravings are there, but I’m getting better at keeping it in perspective.

TJ —. Or sometimes their behavior problems are actually a result of their “giftedness,” right? 😄 I used to be a teacher too. I taught middle school, and there was this one kid who would get up and start walking around, deliberately knocking stuff off other kids’ desks. He also enjoyed starting fights at lunch, which was lovely because he was so much bigger than everyone else. Apparently, according to his mom, he is actually a gifted, gentle soul who suffers from being misunderstood. 🙄 I quit at the end of the last school year due to the crappy environment. I can deal with bratty kids, but many of the parents sucked, and worse, administrators blamed teachers for every little thing. I used to stop at the liquor store and drink in my car on the way home. Finally, I quit because I couldn’t keep doing it.

Dafunbra — you’re doing so well. I hope sobriety grows on all of us. 🙂

Sweetichick — good job on making it to day 5!

Kaily — I hope the cravings pass quickly. Just reach out and post if things are getting difficult. I like RAL’s advice about getting out for a little while.

Clearpath — sorry you’re back to day one. You can do this though; just jump back in. About your 16-year-old son — I think a lot of boys at that age don’t talk much to their dads. Your ex’s boyfriend is just a guy to him, so their interactions appear easier. My 17-year-old is the same. He’s trying to be his own man, and for many kids at the age, it involves pushing away from one or both parents. It’ll pass. But overall, I can understand how this was a triggering, frustrating day. Be good to yourself.