View Single Post
Old 11-25-2018, 02:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
emsee

Question How do you call people from AA?

This may seem super obvious, but I have no idea how to reach out to people from AA. I have been sober 5 days and been to 2 different meetings in those days. I got call lists from both, and, having joined one, a list of temporary sponsors. The first problem is that I don't know who most of them are by sight, but I am not sure if that really matters.

There are also some people I would really like to call who really spoke to me in meetings, who aren't temporary sponsors. I guess I am just not sure what the general etiquette is around this- is texting okay? I am also not sure what to say when I get on the phone. Do I just introduce myself and assume they will be the ones asking the questions and doing the talking?

I am really wanting to give AA real shot this time. I had been to 3 meetings before this, sporadically, and never even thought about committing to the program. But I am afraid of what will happen if I don't make it stick this time, and willing to do whatever it takes, put sobriety first, and all that. I guess I'm also just shy haha