View Single Post
Old 11-24-2018, 01:29 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
bexxed

Originally Posted by Fearlessat50 View Post

I don’t go to social media much anymore but snuck on FB the other day. Why, I do not know. But it seemed like everything that everyone of my friends was doing involved drinking. Going to movies with water bottles loaded with wine or cocktails, craft parties over drinks, making wreaths and knitting socks and Santa hats over drinks, wine tasting parties even in the middle of the day at the office, beer pong, playing Wineopoly, going to the bar as a reward after a long day of volunteering. A good reminder to me why I stay away from social media.
I quit FB and it’s the best thing ever! I only use Instagram now which is just a pleasant way to share with my close friends and family, and exclusively like minded others, the nice things in my life. I’m not one of those people who shies away from politics etc, but I keep it for real time and have my outward world filled with positivity. FB did not allow that. I don’t miss it at all. Similar to alcohol, I don’t know why I ever stayed with it for so long.

But that’s not why I wanted to reply to this. I wanted to say, play the tape. The crafts with wine. The baking with cocktails. It never shows the aftermath. You can’t smell the room those photos were taken in, three or four hours later. You can’t feel the pounding headaches of the participants and you probably don’t see much finished product. Craft nights with wine never resulted in anything for me. Second rate paintings. Unfinished craft projects. A giant mess with nothing to show for it.

Uh, what fun?