View Single Post
Old 11-22-2018, 01:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
hummingbird358

The movie-- Beautiful Boy

Haven't seen this yet but read some comments about it. One mom wrote that she will never give up on her son and will keep fighting...
I feel as though I have lost the fight. I feel like I have given up now.
My son relapsed after almost 3 months. He got angry at the new girlfriend and chose to pick up the booze. When I asked him why he thought drinking would help he has no answer. When I asked him if he really thought he would be able to stop after taking the first sip, he has no answer.

Called me yesterday at 2:25am and said he how bad he was again in just 3 days. Passed out, chipped a tooth, broke his glasses, etc. He didn't want this to go on and was going to get his life back together again and call places about sober living.

That lasted until about noon yesterday and he started drinking again. Said that he can't stop and he hates it. He facetimed us last night and we suggested he go to the hospital and to detox and then get into sober living or something. He said he called his recovery coach and she said he would need PHP for 10 days. Refuses to take off of work again even though he just missed the last 3 days and will most likely miss Friday...

He knows I am beyond angry. He hasn't made any contact with me. My husband called and he said he was going to go to the hospital..
I did send a text that I was praying for him and hope that he will so ask God for help. (He doesn't have a higher power). I could see that he was going to respond and then didn't.

So it should be a real good Thanksgiving with family trying to put a happy face on when you have a child (who is an adult) 1700 miles away that you have no clue is okay or not.

Only God can help him. I feel like I have thrown in the towel and they say to keep supporting them but seriously it has worn me down.