Old 11-21-2018, 05:15 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Glenjo99

Originally Posted by PuzzledHeart View Post
Can you still be friends if he decides to date someone else? Or would that be too painful to witness?

I was in a relationship where I was loved more. I broke things off because I realized it wasn't fair to him. I didn't want to stay in a relationship with someone because I pitied him. It just seemed disrespectful and demeaning, and I didn't want to string him along as my Plan B when I knew he had unresolved feelings for me.

I've also been in the other end, where I would have happily been the Plan B for a good long while. I did try to stay friends with an ex who I had slept with. He had broken up with me. I tried my best to stay friends, but six months later, when he told me that he was dating again, it was as if someone stuck my heart in a meat grinder, threw the remains on the floor, then did a jig on it.

When I finally met my husband, I just remember thinking, "Holy $#@$, this is how a relationship is supposed to work." When I no longer worried about who loved whom more, I was on solid ground.
Wow that sounds lovely to be on solid ground. Your story backs up my notion that some relationships have one person loving the other more. As for the dating thing, I would find that very hard.