Old 11-21-2018, 04:51 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
PuzzledHeart

Can you still be friends if he decides to date someone else? Or would that be too painful to witness?

I think a lot of relationships have one person who loves the other more.
I was in a relationship where I was loved more. I broke things off because I realized it wasn't fair to him. I didn't want to stay in a relationship with someone because I pitied him. It just seemed disrespectful and demeaning, and I didn't want to string him along as my Plan B when I knew he had unresolved feelings for me.

I've also been in the other end, where I would have happily been the Plan B for a good long while. I did try to stay friends with an ex who I had slept with. He had broken up with me. I tried my best to stay friends, but six months later, when he told me that he was dating again, it was as if someone stuck my heart in a meat grinder, threw the remains on the floor, then did a jig on it.

When I finally met my husband, I just remember thinking, "Holy $#@$, this is how a relationship is supposed to work." When I no longer worried about who loved whom more, I was on solid ground.