Thread: I feel anxious.
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2018, 09:06 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by Glenjo99 View Post
Yes it's the thought of the unknown that's making me anxious. I think I would walk away but I'm not sure, if he engaged in conversation I may talk briefly but get out without giving him any information.
Well that's normal. You say "it's the thought of the unknown". Then make it "known". As several have suggested here, that's completely up to you.

Now, in every situation you play in your mind there is another person there so I am sure there are some what-ifs. What if I politely say, how are you, how are the AA meetings going? He says they are great do you want to go out to lunch, I miss you so much.

There is no scenario here you can't control. He says he misses you, you say, "I'm glad things are going well for you, take care" or "sorry things aren't going so well, hang in there". In fact you can use those lines for pretty much anything he says. Then walk away. If he persists, say "take care" again.

It doesn't have to be a full engagement in conversation, in fact it doesn't even have to make sense. He says, how have you been and you answer as above, not a "normal" conversation but who cares.

As for him possibly "being around" I understand that, I felt that way after the Narc moved away and he definitely wasn't in the same place. I found with time that went away. Remember that is your city, your place, you live there, take your power on that, he can't hurt you.

For months now your focus has been you, how about going back to that? Get back to your routines, your podcasts your reading.