View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 03:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
gemini7

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
I absolutely agree with Marcutah, find yourself a meeting girl, I promise you it will be the best gift you ever gave yourself. CoDA (Codependents Anonymous) was my home group and it literally saved my life, but there are many meetings that can help you. These meetings are about YOU and not him nor his substance.

My other suggestion is to find a distraction each time you find yourself obsessing or stuck in sadness. Seriously, have something handy to take your mind somewhere else. I found going for a walk in nature helped, so did reading a good "whodunnit" or biography took my mind off myself and my problems....just stay away from romance novels, they will not serve you well right now. Plan a trip, even though you can't take it. For instance, plan a trip to Paris...read up on the historical sights there, look at the art galleries and plan a make believe trip. Or even choose something doable...choose some interesting place near you, read about it and go for a day trip to see it first hand. You CAN do this, I promise you that taking your mind to someplace pleasant will help you begin to heal. You will find, before long, that you go an entire day without thinking of "him".

Get out of yourself, and stretch your horizons. It doesn't have to cost money, it's all a state of mind and you can do it, I know you can.
Thank you Ann for this sweet message of encouragement. I could feel your compassion for me and that means so much. And your suggestions are great ones. I will def be thinking about doing some of these things.

I've read some of your posts and am so sorry for all that you have gone through and I admire your strength so much. Thank you again.