View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 08:17 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
kenton

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I hope you read how proud I am of you too darling kent....and now even more so.
What an amazingly mature way to handle a very very difficult situation. Gosh you would be an incredible teacher.....your daughter is lucky and blessed to have a mum like you honey. Hats off girl....big time. ♥♥♥
Thanks so much Suze, I'm so grateful for your constant support and encouragement. I'm so lucky to know you xx

It's strange but I'm really noticing a shift in me lately. It's a subtle shift but it's there. It seems that speaking my truth has now become my default position. When I was drinking and difficult stuff happened, I would drink and imagine how I'd like to react... what I'd like to say... but in reality I'd just get drunk and we all know how effective that is. But recently, whenever difficult stuff happens, I find myself holding my nerve and speaking my truth. And this subtle shift in me... in the way I present myself to the world … it seems to create a subtle shift in the world around me... in the way that people react to me. It's hard to put into words... It's not something that anyone can see … but it's a game changer for me. It's funny but when I stopped drinking I thought about getting fitter, clear skin, no hangovers etc. But it's the subtle stuff that has the greatest effect. It's the stuff I didn't expect to happen... the stuff I never even knew needed to happen. That is the really magic stuff xxx