View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 02:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
ThomPom

One of those things I keep missing at Recovery Plans, that they do not define stages. I made the experience that the game changes a couple of times. Would would work at stage one ist not what you need at stage two and there.

Roughly for me:

Week 1 to 4: Get thru Sweating, Cravings etc. by Willpower, isolation and sugar, there is nothing more you will be able to do.

Week 5 to about 8: Start small steps into life, by cleaning up, sorting things, whatever. You have have brain fog, but usually can do unstructured easy tasks for a couple of hours. Lower the sugar, drink tons of water. start consuming targeted media content, take walks each day

Week 9 to 15: Start giving your day some structure, get moving, start going to the gym, make first lists of working on things you need to do to clean up you surrounding, like stuff that needs to be cleaned, repaired. and do it, when able. Clean up your diet.

Week 15 to ..... Start working on your emotional side, addressing issues, make plans how to compensate for the alcoholic abuse. For instance, you would have been drinking when you were lonley. Now what? Refine your Workout Plan, your diet, your task Lists.

Week 20 to ..... Refine all areas as needed, start Meditation / Yoga / Awareness practice .....

Don't worry what you will do in week 20 when you are in week 9, just be aware of the different stages and refine over time.