View Single Post
Old 11-13-2018, 06:05 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  
Daisybelle

Good afternoon Aprils, hope you're all happy, well and sober.
I had a stressful morning, the traffic was gridlocked due to wagon overturning on the motorway and the roads were virtually at a standstill, it took me over 3 hrs to do the school run!! My eldest g.son who is 11 is on the Asberger's spectrum, bless him. and can't cope with anything that it out of sequence. Everything has to go to plan for him to get through his day stress free, well I sent his mum a text telling her I was on the way to pick him and his sister up but the traffic was horrendous and I was going to be v late. Got a reply back saying he was having a melt down. He has to be in school for 8.40 and I didn't even get to his house until 8.55. When I got there my daughter had left for work and her husband was outside with my gson who was pacing up and down, crying and panicking. I had to practically wrestle him into the car where he had a total meltdown. He is terrified of getting into trouble and getting a detention, even though his mum phoned the school to inform them he would be late and explained to him that he wouldn't be in trouble, he couldn't take it in. I did manage to calm him down eventually but he looked like a whitewashed sheet. I got him to school and took him into the office there, explained to the receptionist that his mum had phoned etc etc, she was lovely and assured him that he wasn't in any trouble and that lots of pupils and some staff were also late. He was okay. I felt awful for him but if I'd have kept him off I would never get him in school when the traffic is bad again. I could cry for him sometimes, he get so anxious. I then took my other 2 perishers to their school, they were just delighted that they would be having a shorter day, lol. Honestly in a previous life that would have tipped me over into a goldfish bowl of wine but a good, strong cup of tea did the trick instead.

Lovely to see you here Bluesey and I am so sorry about those fires. I've seen them on the news and I can only imagine how frightening it all must be. Take good care of yourself and stay safe. Life can be so unfair at times, here's us in the U.K with much rain to spare. If only.
You sound very, very busy so make sure you take some time out just for you, you need it, even if it's only the odd half hour to read a chapter or take a little walk. Happiness, health and love right back at ya.

Oh no Suze, get well soon. At least you don't have to self medicate with you know what, such a bonus.
By the way, I love your little girl's name, Seren, that's so pretty. xx

Afternoon Erratic, I'm late too. I hope Doodle picks up soon. I did get a better nights sleep last night, thank you, but I think this mornings shenanigans wiped out any benefits from it.

Lovely to see you posting too Kelley, I missed you. Your life sounds even more manic than mine, so make sure you look after yourself too. You have to take good care of yourself in order to be able to look after others. Right?
Re work, your manager sounds very weak, try to stay calm and just concentrate on doing the best you can, no one can ask any more than that.

Right then, I'm off. Have a good day all of you with love from me.

Thought for the day....." The fact that you’re struggling doesn’t make you a burden. It doesn’t make unlovable, undesirable, or undeserving of care. It doesn’t make you too much or too sensitive or too needy. It makes you human."