View Single Post
Old 11-13-2018, 04:16 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  
kgirl41

Hello sober family! It's been awhile since I have had a chance to swing by and say hi. I'm fine, still sober, and just a couple days away from 7 months of sobriety. I have zero desire to drink at all and am really excited about the holidays coming up to celebrate sober! I have found life is so much more enjoyable sober. I find myself stopping and just appreciating the moments, big or small. You only get one life and it's precious. Do we really want to spend half of it drunk or hungover. I have come to the conclusion at least for me that no, absolutely not!
So my life is still a whirlwind of busy. And it just got busier/more stressful this past weekend. My oldest daughter moved back in with us with my g.daughter. I have all my kids back home plus my g.daughter
I love them dearly but this is just really going to be tough. But they need us and no way could I turn them away. I just hope my daughter can get her act together and do the right things for her daughter now that she's a single mom. She is very loving to her daughter and doesn't neglect any of her day to day needs so I don't worry about that. But she dropped out of college and went to "beauty" school. She has her esthetician license but doesn't use it. Instead she is a server at two restaurants. I watch my g.daughter 2 nights a week and 1 day on the weekends so she can bring in a little money but it's not going to be enough to support the both of them. I have encouraged her to go back to school but I don't think she has any interest in doing that. Sigh. I love that she is a free spirit but I am very worried.
Work is off the charts busy. I have had so many responsibilities piled on me and partly because one team member is hardly in the office and for whatever reason our manager does not hold them accountable. On top of it he doesn't really give me credit for all that I do for the team member and for him really. I don't want to cry about it and sound like a martyr but it's just been insane at work. I am in meetings literally back to back all day and then logging in early or staying late to actually "work". I'm not really sure how long this can be sustainable.
On top of all of that my husband and I have booked a trip to Jamaica for the end of February so we are on a big time slim down in preparation. We have been following the Whole30 reset. We are on day 12 and because you are not allowed any processed foods whatsoever I am spending a lot of time in the kitchen!!

I hope everyone is doing well. I'll try not to be a stranger for so long again. Take care lovies.