Old 11-12-2018, 07:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
StuckAndLost

Michelle4110, take this from someone who has been where you are now. My addict put me through hell when i was pregnant with his baby. From the lieing to the stealing and to the cheating. The hard truth that i had to come to terms with was that he IS an addict and addicts only care about one thing, their drugs. They are incapable of loving anyone else because They arent in the right state of mind and they dont love themselves. They will do anything it takes to get their fix and until the are ready for change, there wont be change. I get that cheating is more on a personal level, you trusted him with that one thing and he took it for granted but, and im sorry to say this, thats what addicts do. Trust and addicts dont fit together. My daughter is now two and i had to cut it off before things got bad FOR HER. The love i have for my daughter is greater than the love i have for his well being. I cant change or fix him but i can sure as hell tear us down trying. A very wise person told me i had to make a decision, do I stay and live life wondering if/when he will relapse(and lie or cheat) or do i save myself and my daughter from the pain and agony the addiction brings. He has recently relapsed after a year and a half. My daughter is 2 and knows that daddy is missing. I would much rather have him out of our lives completely than in and out of hers. Yes, i still love him, but know when it’s time to let go. I wanted to share a piece of my experience with you because i feel like i was in your place 2 years ago. I understand it hurts but you do whats best for you and your baby. In the end, your #1 focus is that precious human being. God bless you and I wish you the best of luck!