Thread: Relapse
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 07:23 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
wehav2day

Sorry you’ve had to come back, but glad you did for the support. Hopefully you can do things for YOU so it’s not all about him. It’s not, you matter. Your kids matter.

It’s no accident that you feel things are right where they were before, they are. When an addict relapses, they pick up RIGHT where they left off. It happened to me many times, and I was astonished how true it is. I had to accept that if I ever drink again, I might be able to have a drink or two once or twice, but that first drink will bring back the addictive obsession and in no time I’d be right where I left off. So I stay the heck away.

The first year sober sucks. It really does. And as that first year comes to a close, it’s easy to think your life will suck like that forever. But you have to keep going, because the level of suck sober doesn’t compare to the depths of despair that drinking takes you to. At this point he probably feels all is lost so **** it. But if he works a program, it does indeed get easier.

Hopefully he’ll reach out to a sponsor or anyone in his home group. Then hopefully he’ll do what they say and get help.

But thats outside of your control, so take good care of you. I’m really sorry this is happening.