View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 03:02 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
DontRemember

Originally Posted by Awal View Post
My thoughts are this: l was just a wife who wanted a happy stress free life. Wanted the basics in my marriage, love respect TRUST happiness. All the things that a partnership should be about.

Instead l discover the distance between us that has become a part of my marriage is because my husband secretly drinks. This has destroyed my trust. The happiness we used to have is diminishing. And all of a sudden l am classed as a 'co-dependant' well...no lm not, im just an ordinary woman who wants an ordinary life. Not a life where we all dance around a bottle.
I didn't mean to single you out at all and should have made 2 seperate posts,looking back..sorry about that.

So..what are YOU going to do to get to the life you want for yourself? I think a lot of the much needed self-reflection on exactly what we're going to do about our unhappiness gets lost on the 'labels' of the situations we find ourselves in. Whether,self-inflicted or from an outside person, our happiness comes down to what WE do about our situation(s).