View Single Post
Old 11-05-2005, 08:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Wolf_22
Want to form an alliance? :.)

Angry Having issues with a co-worker

Hey guys and gals. First of all, I never do this so I thought I would do it... I hope you all are having a good weekend!!!

*** Okay, now on to business ***

I have been working for a consulting group for awhile and I find it hard to follow and allow to be pushed around by people in the workplace that aren't your boss only because that person is friends with a boss that is in control of the whole show.

Used to have a manager that was a project leader (a position that is only filled for about 4-5 months). Well, her time went up and she had to hand the position over to someone else. Well, she's friends now with our "higher up" boss, and now she's getting away with almost everything. She's able to push other people around, do her school homework on the job, and determine who gets hired and fired!

I was just wondering if any of you have had any experiences with people like this and if you know of a way to deal with this? I would go to the higher up myself, but I fear of the reprecussions due to the fact that A.) I need this job to get through school, and B.) she's friends with the boss. When I first came to the job, her and I were very close friends, but when she handed that position over to the guy, she started taking advantage of specific times where she could exploit certain instances and make gain from my downfalls. She sucked up to the guy too the pave the way for her future.

I discussed some of this with a close ally and my ally told me that the only thing you can do is "play the game" and try to not let it bother you. I feel bad for myself because I have been gossipy about this, but can you blame me? This women is around 45-50 years old, doesn't know a thing, and she gets by with everything just because she's the bosses friend! Sucks being a college student going through this when your dependant upon the job you have and can't leave or go anywhere else.

Thanks for any information.