Old 11-08-2018, 12:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

newhope…..I am not a lawyer and am not an expert, in any way, about this...but, it seems, to me, that having an "accusation" is different than having a criminal charge against you, that you would have to defend in the court system.
true, there would be a file, on the matter, somewhere in a social worker's office, probably....but, the results of the inquiry would be kept, also....

Decades ago, after I divorced my children's father...he and his new wife made some totally outrageous accusations against me...deliberately, to hurt me. My childrens teachers and daycare workers and some of my co-workers were interviewed...and the charges were found to be "frivolous and malicious".....
The case worker wrote up a good, strong defense of me as a good mother and placed it in the file, should he try that trick, again.
Since then...my children are l ong grown....and, nothing ever came of it again.
It is not part of any kind of court record...…

I will say, that I was very upset, at the time that this came about...so I understand your anxiety about all of this....
It is best, I think, that you just be honest and answer the questions, honestly.
Remember, that the workers see all kinds of situations....and are pretty good at ferreting out the truth....