View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 07:33 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
SadInTX

Originally Posted by Meadow123 View Post
thank you all for the replies. i feel better knowing that i made the right choice in not seeing him and blocking his calls. it still hurts because the good parts were amazing and i never felt loved like that before but the bad was also the worse i ever felt. I was never treated so well and so bad before at the same time. its so sad.
I totally can relate to this...my XAH was AMAZING when we first met. I felt a connection with him like I had never felt with anyone. He was sober at that time, but that all changed when he started drinking 3 months after we got married. I thought it was just because of the drinking that made him so mean. But I figured out that he was just an abusive narcissist. The alcohol just allowed that to surface. He would insult my kids just like yours (he was the step dad). I ended up leaving him and moving into my own place with my kids. We divorced later on. It was really hard. I still loved him. But I loved how he was at the beginning. I tried to hold onto the fantasy that it would go back to that way...but it never did. He is sober now almost a year but he is still difficult to be around. (yes I tried to have a relationship with him, I don't recommend that). Your child only has one childhood...that is what keeps me going and staying away from him....keep posting and reaching out...