View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 10:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Free2bme888

Originally Posted by bringmeback7693 View Post
I'm still not sure what went wrong. I was involved in service work, I was doing a 90 and 90, I was working the steps, I had friends in AA. Last night I drank about 2 glasses of wine before realizing I'd made a mistake. I threw the rest of the wine out.

I told my sponsor today, no response yet. I'm worried I'm going to lose all my friends and respect in AA because I have to start at Day 1 all over again.

I sort of felt like it was a necessary evil, that I needed to drink just to remind myself of how bad it truly is. But now I'm feeling very lost and unmotivated to have to reset my progress. Looking for any experience, strength, and hope
Hi BMB

You were on my list to contact this month as I saw you were part of my May 2018 class and hadn’t seen much posting from you since. So glad to hear from you!!

Sounds like you were doing great.

Sorry you decided to drink.

My only relapsed was early on in my recovery, so I do not have any experience going six months and then deciding to drink. For me, the memory of how brutal those first 90 days were for me is something I do not want to repeat and that keeps me aware of why I don’t want to take that first sip.

Glad you’re back on track!!