View Single Post
Old 11-01-2018, 08:55 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Sasha1972

Your "parameters" look excellent! In my court order I called them "steps" - step 1 is restricted access (supervised plus SoberLink monitored, short duration); after 8 weeks of not screwing up step 1, we go to step 2 (unsupervised but still SoberLinked, short duration); after 8 weeks of not screwing up step 2, we go to step 3 (unsupervised but still SoberLinked, longer duration [alternating Saturdays, daytime only]) ... etc. If he screws up a step, the clock resets to the beginning of that step again. All spelled out.

With your parameters, I think #4 might be unenforceable (how do you know if she's taking her meds/going to meetings, and what if she finds a doctor/therapist who switches/takes her off meds/says she doesn't have to keep up meetings?). I'd suggest not having that in the court order. In addition to being unenforceable, her recovery in general is not your domain - your concern (and the court's concern) is limited to ensuring that she's sober during her parenting time. If she's drinking constantly the rest of the time, that's her circus and her monkeys. I suggest this because you probably don't want to waste hours of expensive lawyer time arguing about details of her "sobriety plan" or "recovery".

SoberLink is your friend - I've found it very reliable and objective, and their client support is very responsive with information if the monitored party tries to avoid testing.