View Single Post
Old 11-01-2018, 06:27 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
OpheliaKatz
"O you must wear your rue with difference".

Umm... I think a sick child is more important than a radio interview. If my partner or ex missed my radio interview because our child was sick, I would be asking after the child's wellbeing.

Imho... the reason he only wants to address your issues in counselling is because that way you can walk on eggshells all week until you get to session. I get it... my ex also used to tell me that I didn't listen (to him). I put up with a lot of abuse. I wanted children but am thankful that I had none with him because I wouldn't want to raise a child who sees or hears their father treat their mother the way my ex treated me.

By saying that you don't understand him or listen to him or hear him... and saying that he needs a third party to explain things to you, he is trying to reinforce the fantastical idea that he is superior to you in some way. He is not. He has a deep sense of inferiority and is angered by this because of his deep sense of entitlement. You can't fix this for him no matter what changes YOU make for him.

Also... I think this is abuse (but you don't have to agree).