View Single Post
Old 11-01-2018, 10:01 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by AutumnMama View Post
He has told me repeatedly that he refuses to talk about serious things with me without a third party there because I "get everything mixed up" or I don't hear what he is actually saying.
Well, you are not going to do everything perfectly to his expectations at all times. Go figure! You actually have thoughts and dreams and a life and responsibilities that have nothing to do with him. Why is it that he can't see that he is not the center of your universe? hmm

That whole - you get everything mixed up or don't hear what he is actually saying.

You know that is not true right? You may not "get" what he is saying because he is coming from button world, not your world.

You aren't "mixed up", That's you are not seeing things MY way so you are wrong. That is NOT true. Your truth is yours, not his, he doesn't get to decide what your truth is. He has his button world and he gets to have that, for sure, that's his to own.

The resentment coming from him is clear and not totally unexpected from someone in addiction.

I guess all i'm saying is please don't try to apply "normal" to any of this, you will just end up with a whole lot of blaming yourself that will result in nothing, except making you feel bad.