View Single Post
Old 11-01-2018, 07:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
CRRHCC

Originally Posted by Guener View Post
So, soon I'm going to need to get a new psychiatrist because my insurance has changed, and my last one is out of network. I am putting this off because it costs me $50 per visit, and my finances right now are very tight, and I have scripts to last me a few months longer. I am going to have to do this anyway, so maybe I need to just bite the bullet and get it done to relieve some of the anxiety it is causing me.

I wish that I didn't have to start over with telling my story/history from scratch in a limited amount of time they give you to see a p-doc. during an appointment. Too, I am mildly concerned that even though I'm doing fairly well, pretty well in fact, that a new doctor may have the urge to tinker with my medication. I have to build that relationship again to return to confidence, I guess. My GP that is still in network doesn't prescribe for depression and anxiety, it's the practice's policy, since they have p-docs on their staff.
Call you doc and have records sent to new doc. Better yet, pick them up yourself and hand deliver.