Thread: Ramble
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2018, 12:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Gerard52

Ramble

There is no getting out of here alive, illness and pain are inevitable part of life for many of us before we die. It is only a matter or time and being happy and content during your life is the best way through.

Those with religion imagine life after death. I am a committed aethist, so have to be comfortable and at peace with the thought of oblivion.

My sadness about death, is the thought of losing the people I love and that past good times I remember are gone forever. I remember my children as toddlers. Watching and being with them was a delight. Though I remember feeling sad when I considered the fact that they too will eventually die.

Spending time drunk and misreable is a terrible waste of your short and precious time on this planet. Stopping is not that hard once you get your head around it.

Tame and train your emotional reactions through positive actions and mindset. Love your family, tell your children what you have learned so they can avoid the same mistakes.

In western society we either have the offer of religion or nothing to put meaning on our lives. It is not surprising there are so many addicts and drunks. We should be taught as children the nature of life and death.