View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 05:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
mariposa

Remember to just “do you”, focus on you. I agree the shower thing is weird. I would sneak and spy, but as I found out after 6 months sober.... you might not like what you find. I was doing great, staying sober, exercising a lot, just had been accepted into a masters degree program. My boyfriend left his email open, I found he was asking about his ex girlfriend’s younger sister WITH INTEREST IN MARRYING HER!!! I was so heart broken, I’d waited for him to ask me for so long. I immediately called my therapist and made an appointment. I went right in, the therapist and I formed a SOLID plan to quickly exchange things with him, and end it cold that day. I never told him what I found, no point. I was just over for me after seeing that. I stayed sober. I didn’t let it get me back to a bad place, and I healed faster because I dealt with the emotions and stayed in control of myself. I never saw him again.
Just prepare yourself, you will get through it and being sober you can handle whatever happens 200% better.